Tuesday, June 4, 2013

coming or going

it's been so long since i've written on this blog. i've deleted so many entries and made things private and i'm not exactly sure why. maybe i feel like i am different from those days...or maybe i think those entries don't represent me accurately anymore. i'm not sure. even i cannot tell if i am coming or going (as someone has said to me earlier).

today i experienced something that i haven't in a long time...genuine confusion. i feel like i try to communicate to my friends who i am as a person, both honestly and accurately. tonight, each time something came out of my mouth it seemed to be misunderstood or miscommunicated repeatedly. i felt both frustrated and annoyed but didn't really know how to respond. eventually i just walked away. when people tell me i do something i usually see exactly what i did through their eyes...tonight, i struggled with it. 

i'm walking away from today feeling like i need to reboot and really consider how i handle situations. my strong personality and obviously over-opinionated self can be very damaging. am i not seeing myself clearly? am i mistreating others without realizing it? i don't know the answers to these questions. this is the first time this has happened to me in a while and for the first time in a very long time, i'm having a hard time bringing things into focus. 

i hope that i can navigate through some of this and really develop some answers that i understand. either way, i will continue on my path and try to be a person who treats others with respect and kindness. tonight was not a total success in my life but it was a moment where i have stopped to ask more questions. at least that's something.

confused & sleepy,
m

ps this did not happen at my job or with anyone associated with it. sometimes people think it has to do with that but it does not. surprisingly, i do have other friends. haha. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment